On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 10:26:29AM -0700, Mike Ressler wrote:

> Now that floating figures and tables have been moved off into their own
> submenu (Insert->Floats->Table), this isn't so big a deal anymore, but
> then people will ask "What's the difference between Insert->Table and
> Insert->Floats->Table?".

This question isn't magically solved by using a construct like Tabular
Material, which is in fact triply ambiguous.

I think the concept of floats containing content is intuitive and
well-documented enough for the natural phrasing to not be a problem.

> the garbage disposal in my kitchen sink ("Honey, what's this tabular
> material growing out of the disposal?").

heh :)

regards
john

--
"If a thing is not diminished by being shared, it is not rightly owned if
 it is only owned & not shared."