On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 09:17:28AM +0200, Juergen Vigna wrote:
> What problem do you see here?

The cursor jumps wildly when scrolling down the documents. To a degree that
LyX is unusable if you have lots of images. I believe storing the image
size in the .lyx file might improve the situation a lot.

> IMO that when terminating to convert the images a signal is called which
> then enters all insets and loads the requested file is this true? Well
> IMO it's really easy to decide inside the inset that it is actually
> not in a position where it is displayed so loading of the image would
> not be needed and we just return from there without doing anything.

But when we need it there is a delay of up to several(!) seconds. Not nice
when 'jsut scrolling down'.

> P.S.: I sent a few replies to the mailing list this morning but
>       I only now see that I always replied to the sender only could
>       the people please forward the messages to the list. Thanks!

Some to me? I'll have a look what's left. I usually delete read mail...

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)