> Nobody seems to be actively working on a GTK port as far as I can see...

I'm trying too.  Honest! :)

It was chugging along quite nicely until the GUII stuff from sixpack was
commited, then work kinda got crazy.  I'm in Michigan now (don't ask, just
wonder :/) and was in Nevada last week.  I've got plans sketched out for a gtkmm
Painter, WorkArea etc.,  it's just a matter of getting a few days to implement
them then a stack more time to fix all the build errors, implement the dialogs etc.

Any and all help I can get would be greatly appreciated of course.  However I'm
trying to do this for my own education, so I don't mind things slowing down for
a while.  Nothing in the work looks too difficult (though nothing ever does till
you try it!).

Cheers

Koz
--