On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 02:43:22PM +0200, Andre Poenitz wrote:

> Currently we are talking about _disabling_ things.

So ? It's still very much UI

> [Maybe that's all because I am no big friend of disabling things when
> not disabling it would still yield a decent behaviour. And documenting
> Tabular->Add Row with  "Adds a row after the one in which the cursor is
> if in a tabular or a math table or an eqnarray" is not too difficult
> either]

Documenting ? Nobody reads any documentation.

There is zero advantage to having tabular enabled as well, and enough
disadvantage as to make it worth disabling. Look up Hick's Law and think
about how that might apply.

Users /really do/ tend to dither when presented with two or more choices.

regards
john

--
"Please crack down on the Chinaman's friends and Hitler's commander.  Mother is
the best bet and don't let Satan draw you too fast.  A boy has never wept ...