Andre> On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 02:58:17PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
Andre> wrote:
Lars> and it makes the core a lot more complicated than it needs to
Lars> be. removing the depth variable and to proper paragraph nesting
Lars> is one of my goals when cleaning up.
>>  Forget about the code. Think usability.

Andre> S&R is unusable. S&R can't be made usable without touching the
Andre> code. Code is important for usability.

Sure, what I say is that the worthy goal is usability, not code in
itself.

>> Adding proper paragraph nesting for those who swear by it is
>> trivial. Just create a InsetContainer (1 hour work) that does
>> nothing more than contain an InsetText and output its contents in
>> latex. It could be collapsible if you are into that. People who are
>> anal about whether \textbf\emph is better than \emph\textbf can
>> even use it to force proper nesting. It can solve the theorem
>> problem, allow to have a list which is part of a paragraph [*] and
>> even wash the dishes at the end of the day.

Andre> Indeed. And I called it InsetEnvironment last time I
Andre> implemented it.

What I propose is a much dumber thing, that would not replace
anything, just artificially add structure in places where there is no
such thing. I am not even sure that I propose that seriously.

And I have yet to see that your insetenvironment would significantly
simplify the code.