Hallo,

I havent really followed this list and this discussion but from time to
time I feel compelled to write. Today I gave in:

I remember from a year ago, that your Qt port wasnt really using Qt's
signal and slot but instead your own implementation, is that still
true?

I take it that what you need is not really the .ui files from designer
but instead you need also the implementation for the dialogs, otherwise
that seems kind of worthless to me. Designer dialogs are very easily
made by non programmers, you could ask your userbase for that. That is
after all the beauty of designer.

Personally, I still think that the Qt port is the most important port
for Lyx in general, since it opens up the entire Windows world for Lyx
to a much larger extent than a Cygwin port ever can. Therefore I hope
that you guys will succeed with this.

Unfortunately Lyx isnt really as hot as it used to be, many people I
tried to advocate it to, are completely put off by its awkward XForms
user interface even more simply dont have xforms any longer. Also there
are now strong contenders, koffice, openoffice, texmacs etc. quite
frankly lyx has become a "one in many".

But you know all that.

Lyx has still many things ahead of the competition and you guys have
done an outstanding job cleaning up things. Maybe you can update on the
website what exectly you need, I know a few KDE and Qt developers from
some work on KDevelop and maybe there is something that can be done. I
did miss the call for help on qt-interest, if it was there.

Also how about allowing people access to a part of your CVS repository.
In KDE you do get an account because you want one, the benefit of the
doubt is given to anybody. No one bothers really sending patches unless
it is feature freeze. You may want to consider that instead of sending
patches and fixing them endlessly.

Regards,
Roland