Lars> Dekel Tsur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Lars> | On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 04:16:16PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Lars> | >
Lars> | > Probably not. I guess it is a consequence of our changing
Lars> from | > \centering to center environments and friends.
Lars> |
Lars> | \begin{center} is bad as it adds space. | We need to change it
Lars> to something else.

Lars> Then tell us a better _LaTeX_ way.

The reason why we changed from {\centering ... \par} to center
environment was to have better logical marking (for example, reLyX has
problems with that). It is possible too to use
\begin{centering}...\end{centering}, although this means that we need
an extra par.

See the attached file for examples of different constructs. Note that
  \begin{centering}
  blah
  \end{centering}
does _not_ work.