Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Lars> Dekel Tsur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
| Lars> | On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 04:16:16PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
| Lars> | >
| Lars> | > Probably not. I guess it is a consequence of our changing
| Lars> from | > \centering to center environments and friends.
| Lars> |
| Lars> | \begin{center} is bad as it adds space. | We need to change it
| Lars> to something else.
|
| Lars> Then tell us a better _LaTeX_ way.
|
| The reason why we changed from {\centering ... \par} to center
| environment was to have better logical marking (for example, reLyX has
| problems with that). It is possible too to use
| \begin{centering}...\end{centering}, although this means that we need
| an extra par.
|
| See the attached file for examples of different constructs. Note that
|   \begin{centering}
|   blah
|   \end{centering}
| does _not_ work.

Yes, I have been reading a lot in my books lately, and it seems that
it was a big misguided to switch away from the statement variants.
My fault probably.

The center environment is only suited when you want to center small
parts _within_ a paragraph. (the trivlist in the implementation is
really mucking things up.)

--
        Lgb