Angus Leeming wrote:

> Moritz Moeller-Herrmann wrote:

>> I am now using lyx-1.3-pre2 for my dissertation and it looks great
>> so far. Is there any possibility to turn on preview-latex for the
>> footnotes? It seems to work in Emacs.

> I don't see a problem. Attached is a screenshot. Works both when
> typing a new equation and when loading an existing file.

The attached picture shows a formula in a footnote. I have never tried this,
because I am jurist.

I am talking about the possibility to preview the footnotemark. It is
mentioned in the preview-latex manual here:
http://preview-latex.sourceforge.net/manual/Package-options.html#Package%20options
"This makes footnotes render as previews, and only as their footnote symbol.
A convenient editing feature inside of Emacs."

It seems as if you can set \usepackage[footnotes]{preview} in Emacs and have
a preview of the footnote mark.