Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Angus> This patch enables reLyX to recognise that these should all
> be Angus> output as insetLatexAccents. LyX can render all except \ss
> Angus> well. Is this a limitation of insetlatexaccent, or should \ss
> Angus> not be such a beast?
>
> I tested the patch, and I am glad to say that I found a case where
> it does not work: "\i{a}". The 'a' should not be eaten since
> actually \i does not take an argument.

Shrug. This is not a bug in my patch per se. You are merely
succeeding in triggering bugs in the inherently fragile TeX.pm parser.

Trying:

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\i{a}
\end{document}

with an unmodified version of reLyX produces:

#LyX 1.2 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 2.15
\textclass article

\layout Standard

\ia
\the_end

Which LyX fails to load ("Encountered one unknown token").

--
Angus