On Tuesday 11 February 2003 12:39 pm, Andre Poenitz wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 11:00:37AM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:
> > I have a trivial patch to the reLyX minibuffer output:
> >
> >         * reLyX/BasicLyX.pm: Wrap minipage width and height output in
> >         inverted commas to keep the LyX parser happy with "4.5 cm".
> >         (Note the space.)
> >
> > However, I wonder whether I should do this or whether I should strip out
> > the space instead?
>
> I wonder whether this is not wasted effort.

I wonder too. However, my motivation has been:
1. learn enough perl to feel comfortable when confronted with it.
2. LyX 1.3 will be around for at least 6 months.

> Could you have a look at the tex2lyx I just commited and try to figure out
> whether it is would be worthwhile to start from there instead of fixing
> reLyX?

Certainly. But I would note that reLyX isn't very broken. The only _real_
problem is due to the foobarred state of the current LyX table format, about
which I've already moaned.

Anyway, I'll go look.
Angus