Andre> But it has certain benefits:

Andre>   - No dependence on LyX proper. - Small. - No need to access
Andre> fragile LyX internals.

Indeed. But at least, when the internals change, you know about it
because it does not compile anymore.

>> This would mean that you do not need to update the program
>> everytime there is a change of interfaces.

Andre> I do not have to. If all tex2lyx does is to produced lyxformat
Andre> 222 reliably, the burden to create future formats is shifted to
Andre> lyx2lyx.

Andre> Of course, if at one point of time the format has evolved too
Andre> far, tex2lyx might get an update.

Like reLyX that produces a strange file format with a mix of old
constructs and new ones...