On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 03:19:42PM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:
> Could we not have a heirarchy of FuncRequest-derived classes as a one
> to one replacement for each LFUN?

And dispatch on those how?

What would that buy us?

[The main problem _I_ have with current dispatch is the limited scope of
return values. I cannot, e.g. return a vector<string> as result of a LFUN]

And I don't really like big switches. But the obviuos alternative (100
virtual functions...) is not nice either. I think we should aim for
"dynamic lfun registration" at some point in the future just to cut down
this interface to a bare minimum...

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)