Angus Leeming wrote:

> A.P.Manners wrote:
>
> > Lyx 1.3.0 appears to be unbuildable on Solaris 2.6 because of boost.
> > Others seem to be reporting problems with boost on Solaris 2.6 although,
> > cursiously, not the same problems as I am experiencing. Is there a known
> > work around?
>
> Hello. Kayvan Sylvan has reported eventual success building LyX cvs with
> xforms-1.0-release and gcc-2.95.3 on sunos-5.5.1, although he had first to
> install gnu sed. (see thread "Problem with Solaris build of latest CVS", 25
> Feb).
>
> Albert Chin has reported successfully building LyX 1.3 with the Qt frontend on
> Solaris 2.6 with GCC 3.2.2. He supplied a boost patch that enabled him to do
> so. See thread "1.3.0 build error on Solaris 2.6", 24 Feb.
>
> Let us know if this information helps. If not, perhaps you should contact them
> direct?

The problem seems to be more to do with gcc-2.95.2 than Solaris
(although I had to fix the problem refered to by Albert Chin). Boost
wants to include std::this and std::that which do not exist. I got
around a few but eventually gave up.

A quick perusal of boost home page shows lots of fails for gcc 2.95.2.
Boost in lyx-1.2.3 did not complain but used a much smaller amount of
boost.

Unless someone knows otherwise (knows how to instruct boost to get
around the missing header files in std) I would conclude that boost is
preventing lyx from being built with gcc 2.95.2.