On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 01:52:27PM +0000, John Levon wrote:
> > metrics() phase that \textwidth is 2 inches. Minipage adjusts accordingly
> > and stores a width of 2 inches and whatever height it just determined. The
> > table column can figure out its height from that. The enclosing float
> > determines its size from the table.
>
> I suspect things could work if we have :
>
>       void metrics(int max_width);
>
> if that's what you mean.

Yes. But as there are a few other things that need to be passed along,
better use a struct for all parameters. This way the interface stays
optically leaner, you can forward-declare the struct and adding a new
parameter later is simple.

Have a look at math_metricsinfo.[Ch]. This even contains a textwidth field
already.

You can actually move that thing to a more prominent position (i.e.
src/metricsinfo), drop all the 'Math' prefixes and be done.

> Because getting this stuff working isn't quite as easy as you hope ?

It's a bit more than a hope...

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)