Lars> "redefinition if 'barcmd' not allowed" what? where? me?

I guess our error tracking code could be able to take care of that and
put the error at the right place.

Lars> What I really think is that preamble and ert hacking should not
Lars> be needed and that we should not do to much to accomodate such
Lars> uses.

Of course. But if we decide to put the preamble in the document
itself, then forcing it to be in some place will really be a hack
(additional ugly code for no use), whereas allowing several preamble
snippets could prove powerful (as our Rules say: ``Declaration of
variables should wait as long as possible. The rule is: "Don't declare
it until you need it."'').