Lars> But I do not think that this inset should be allowed anywhere...
Lars> IMHO only at the _very_ beginning of the document. And only one
Lars> of them.

Why? It would be a nice feature to be able to add preamble insets
where you need them (a newcommand, for example) and have LyX place
collect all the preamble snippets in the .tex. Actually, the ERT inset
could basically get a new flag saying 'place me in the preamble'.

I think that enforcing the number and placement of preamble insets is
both clunky and not really necessary.