On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 11:40:45AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> However, for inexperienced users using a template, it may be important that
> items of LaTeX be "locked", so they may not be casually erased.

Having this as an option in the .layout files sound OK.

But I don't like the idea of representing it on the UI level for insets
in general - what is wrong with using Undo, Revert, etc. if you
accidentally delete something important ?

> I have in mind a clickable option in the right-click on an ERT box indicator,
> that would "lock" the inset, rendering it non-eraseable with highlighted or
> simple deletion.

And in particular, I can't see a good reason why this should/would be
specific to ERT ?

regards
john