On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 06:32:54PM +0200, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

> You have so far provided a lot of statements about the development of
> lyx and the lack of new features, about what has been done to the code
> and not, and what we have lost because of the drive for GUII.

I've certainly said as much as I can on the subject.

While the responses on the list have been pretty much knee-jerk, the emails
from less public voices have been interesting and sympathetic, full of detail
and giving context and and color to the various characters here.

Maybe, with time, we can get the more thought provoking discussions back out in
the open and on a public forum.  For now, it's not time, and maybe this will
just never be the place.  Too much invested personality, in the eyes of this
humble observer.

> So instead of the "Ha! Told you so!" attitude, please be a bit more
> constructive.

John and, to a lesser extent, you have infused my comments with the veneer of
"I told you so".  The fact is, I've been saying the same thing for years, as
have you (and others).

I would hope that code clean-up and GUII have progressed to an extent that we
can move on to think, once again, about other things.

It seems that it may be you having difficulty letting go of the question, "was
it all worth it?"  If you only wish to welcome voices that are on exactly the
same page as you on this point, that's limiting for LyX.