[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

| On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 06:32:54PM +0200, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
| >
| > You have so far provided a lot of statements about the development of
| > lyx and the lack of new features, about what has been done to the code
| > and not, and what we have lost because of the drive for GUII.
|
| I've certainly said as much as I can on the subject.
|
| While the responses on the list have been pretty much knee-jerk, the emails
| from less public voices have been interesting and sympathetic, full of detail
| and giving context and and color to the various characters here.
|
| Maybe, with time, we can get the more thought provoking discussions back out in
| the open and on a public forum.  For now, it's not time, and maybe this will
| just never be the place.  Too much invested personality, in the eyes of this
| humble observer.
|
| > So instead of the "Ha! Told you so!" attitude, please be a bit more
| > constructive.
|
| John and, to a lesser extent, you have infused my comments with the veneer of
| "I told you so".  The fact is, I've been saying the same thing for years, as
| have you (and others).
|
| I would hope that code clean-up and GUII have progressed to an extent that we
| can move on to think, once again, about other things.
|
| It seems that it may be you having difficulty letting go of the question, "was
| it all worth it?"  If you only wish to welcome voices that are on exactly the
| same page as you on this point, that's limiting for LyX.

I cannot imagine why you are going round and round on this and all the
time managag to stay utterly non-constructive.

- What does these NN people say except just being "interesting and
  sympathetic".

Please do as Kayvan told you: be concrete.

And please drop all this references to the past and help pave the way
for LyX feature, you are not helping now.

--
        Lgb