Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

> "Garst R. Reese" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | My files now do eventually load, but the UG takes about an hour to load.
> | My large problem doc now loads, but lyx is too slow to be useable.
> | My pre-Chemnitz version is working. This is a pretty ancient box, 233Mz,
> | 96Mb.
> | So it looks like the problem is not yours, but I'm puzzled as to why I'm
> | the only one
> | complaining.
>
> It seems that you are the only one seeing this.
>
> Really strange.
>
> With debugging turned on, are you able to see in what phase it is
> slow?

On a 2.7GHz machine the UG loads in 2-3 secs. I note though that Jean-Marc
really has done something weird and wonderful to the Environments combox on
the toolbar. Open and close a few docs and you'll end up with an empty
combox and messages of the form:
        Trying to select non existent layout type Title

--
Angus