On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 10:32:50AM +0200, Andre' Poenitz wrote:
> Please fill in the following template for me to see what exactly it
> would look like.
>
> Currently we have
>
>       Counter
>               Name               theorem
>       End
>
>       Style Theorem
>               LabelStyle         Counter
>               LabelCounter       theorem
>               LabelString        "Theorem \arabic{theorem}"
>       End
>
>       Style Definition
>               LabelStyle         Counter
>               LabelCounter       theorem
>               LabelString        "Definition \arabic{theorem}"
>       End
>

> What would your proposal look like?

Ok, I figured out you might mean something like

        Counter
                Name               theorem
                LabelString        "\arabic{theorem}"
        End

        Style Theorem
                LabelStyle         Counter
                LabelCounter       theorem
                LabelPrefix        "Theorem "
        End

        Style Definition
                LabelStyle         Counter
                LabelCounter       theorem
                LabelPrefix        "Defintion "
        End

This would work in this case but not differ much from what we have.
Moreover, I cannot imagine how to make this work with

        Counter
                Name                 section
        End

        Style Section
                LabelStyle           Counter
                LabelCounter         section
                LabelString          "\arabic{section}"
                LabelStringAppendix  "\Alph{section}"
        End

How would you do that?

[And why are we looking for a replacement for an existing and
working scheme anyway?]

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have,
nor do they deserve, either one.     (T. Jefferson or B. Franklin or both...)