On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 11:46:27AM +0200, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> Andre Poenitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | So far I've only seen proposals that make the layout files bigger.
>
> And why is that bad in itself?

It is not.

But if you replace a working short version with a not-yet-implemented
longer version I don't see the benefit.

> We are after all trying to be more explicit and to remove hardcoded
> stuff from the core.

Your proposals so far are functionally 100% equivalent to what we have
up and running. They do not add flexibility, they do not move work
from the core to the layout. But they do no harm either, so I am not
entirely opposed to them.

>From my POV I don't see any particular compelling reason to swap an
existing working system for an non-existing system with exactly the same
capabilities and opportunities - especially if I am going to be the
person who does the job.

Andre'