Andre Poenitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| This is Alfredo's old 'textcache removal' patch.
>
| With it, buffer cycling between two copies of the UserGuide is
| significantly faster than I can access the View->1/2 menu by mouse and
| about as fast as I can type M-v 1  or M-v 2.
>
| So even if this is a AMD 1700+ it should be usable on PIII 500.
>
| If nobody comes up with real numbers in the 'several seconds' range
| I'll commit that as this is an important itermediate step towards the
| single cursor.

This is some results without the textcache removed.

time ./src/lyx -x 'lyx-quit'

real    0m0.313s
user    0m0.150s
sys     0m0.050s

time ./src/lyx -x 'command-sequence file-open ../lyxdoc/UserGuide1.lyx
; lyx-quit ;'

real    0m1.439s
user    0m0.770s
sys     0m0.040s

Actually buffer switching feels very fast, but I cannot really
understand where we have got the speed from. Any explanations?

Any how I'll do the same tests on a box that is a bit slower than this
XP-2400+ thingie.

PS. I was fooled in the first round of tests I did, since the
UserGuide was not converted to the corrent LyX format... so after the
conversion was done the tests got better by about a second.

--
        Lgb