[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Lars Gullik Bjønnes) writes:

| [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Lars Gullik Bjønnes) writes:
>
| | Andre Poenitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| | | Not really. Rebreaking should be a bit faster nowadays, but this
| | | exceeds my expectations.
>>
| | I have a feeling that something fishy is going on. Should the "no text
| | in cache" message from BufferView::Pimpl::resizeCurrentBuffer() be
| | emitted on every buffer switch? Why isn't it?
>>
| | Are there some hidden caching going on?
>
| Or is it just the debugstream not working...
| (and why is it not working... I wonder...)

(somehow debugstream is not workign with gcc 3.4 with maximum
optimization, I will investigate.)

I'd really like to know, how slow does a computer need to be before
the buffer switch get unbearably slow. So some tests on P-III's and
P-II's would be nice (slower than that I do not care too much about.)

--
        Lgb