Andre Poenitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 10:25:52AM +0200, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
>> Just comment out the textcache.add here and delete bv_->text and set
>> it to 0.
>
| What's the benefit of keeping dead code?

When doing this testing it is not yet for sure that we are going to
remove it right now. So we leave the code around until more people can
tell us bout the "new feeling".

| A text cahce revival would happen on a 'per paragraph list' base, so
| even if keeping TextCache.[Ch] might be in order, all the glue code will
| be completely misplaced.

Not in the next couple of days...

>> The rest of the patch is not needed for disabling the textcache.
>
| Certainly not. But this is not about disabling something, but about
| moving stuff around. I don't see how glue in the wrong place helps.

currently it is about disabling something, and we want people with
different hw to tell us how theirs reacts to this change.

>> (anyhow there seems to be a delete of the LyXText missing?)
>
| Not my doing, is it?

ohhh... touchy...

--
        Lgb