Martin> I am pretty confident about this one; it fixes things cleanly
Martin> in the right places with a minimum of fuss.

Martin> Attached the slightly cleaned up patch with changelogs. This
Martin> handles now mathinsets, footnote-like and floats. We can
Martin> extend this as we go.

How does this interact with isNewline()? As far as I can see,
isNewline tells to break row after inset, whereas display() asks for
breaking both before and after inset. Couldn't these two get merged
somehow?