On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 11:45:02AM +0100, Lars Gullik Bjønnes spake thusly:

> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> | Element Filename
> | End

Done.

> Is "Element" the right name for these things?

Good question.

For XML it certainly is.

I am also a little unhappy with these vague/abstract names. "Branch"
is another one. It isn't immediately obvious to non-software people.

"Character styles" is too nondescript as well, and doesn't express the
XML thing at all.

"Semantic blob"?
;-)

> I feel it is important that we get the naming correctly from the
> beginning so that we don'thave to cange a lot later. (lyx2lyx, .layout etc.)

Correct it is, but not necessarily a very descriptive choice.

> --
>       Lgb

I am open to (good) suggestions.

Attached the latest, in which André's and Jean-Marc's remarks (and
some other things) were considered/fixed.

- Martin