On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 11:52:03AM +0100, Andre Poenitz spake thusly:

> On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 11:45:02AM +0100, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> > Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > Is "Element" the right name for these things?
>
> It's a bit too generic for my taste, too.
>
> > I feel it is important that we get the naming correctly from the
> > beginning so that we don'thave to cange a lot later. (lyx2lyx, .layout etc.)
>
> If the plan is to use that as base for character styles, we could call
> it 'CharacterStyle' or 'CharStyle' ...

Hmmm... but that fails to express the semantic mark-up aspect. "Style"
is an appearance thing in common understanding, what is _not_ what we
want here.

On the other hand, the same potential misconception is already
inplicit in the paragraph styles (with the added mess of
textclass/style/layout!)

Any better proposals? If not, I'll go for this one.

> Andre'

- Martin