On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> To expand on John's answers: the help text of the lfuns was mainly
> used to provide tooltips for icons. These tooltips are now defined in
> stdtoolbars.ui.

Ok, thanks. I created a new version of my script

        http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/DevelTools/MakeLFUNsPage

that also extracts any available help text from stdtoolbars.ui.
Actually, since the ui-file uses a few command sequences, it ends up being
a bit like examples of how you can use the command, see

        http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/Devel/LyxFunctionListCVS

> It may make sense to make a script that extracts the toolbar help
> and/or menu entries associated to a lfun. But of course, you'd only
> cover lfuns that have a GUI association, which are not the most
> interesting to document.

No... but if we only can decide on a good place to put some descriptions,
the script above can easily be extended to extract those as well.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström                           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr