Christian> First I thought this would be rather slow, but then I
Christian> realized that all lfuns generated from within lyx ought to
Christian> be known, right? So the only unknown lfuns should come from
Christian> the mini-buffer and whatever has been bound to keyboard
Christian> shortcuts etc.

That's the idea, indeed... I am not sure however that a script is the
best solution, because of the overhead. translations could be
described in a data file (with regexps?)