On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 05:39:32PM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:
> In 1.4.x the UpdateCommand is no longer present. Instead the
> externalinset uses the same converters meshanism as is used by the
> graphics inset. So in future just define your converter.

I do not quite understand the difference. A converter is supposed to
convert from one format to the other but my own converter can do
whatever damage I want, right? If my lyx file uses a customized
converter, can it be opened by others? If the converter is static, I
mean, if the lyx file only contains the result of the conversion, the
inset is on longer dynamic.

--
Bo Peng