On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

> Christian Ridderström <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | Or would this be considered bad UI?
>
> I would.

Just out of curiousity, could you exand on why? Do you dislike
double-clicking with a mouse for instance?

I don't mind double-clicking when I use a mouse, but I don't know how I'd
feel about doing the equivalent using a keyboard. Intuitively speaking,
I'd expect a stronger and/or faster response if I quickly press an
'action'-key twice. (Sort of like how the meaning of a wave can hav
different meaning depending of how fast it's done).

The benefit might be to small anyway, since there are only a few keys that
could be used in this manner, e.g. I quickly pressed 'n' twice just now
when I wrote 'manner'. Actually, out of the "simple" keys, maybe it's
*only* 'Enter' and 'Space' that could be used like this in LyX since
multiple presses don't make sense.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström                           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr