On Thursday 25 March 2004 04:36 am, Angus Leeming wrote:
> Andre Poenitz wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 12:14:26AM +0100, Christian Ridderström
> >
> > wrote:
> >> [...] That *is* ubercool...
> >
> > Just out of interest: I know this usage of 'uber' has 70 year old
> > German roots as in 'Übermensch'. 'We' don't use it anymore so it
> > seems to be a typical English thing nowadays. I just wonder whether
> > dropping the umlaut is now part of this migration or whether
> > 'übercool' would be acceptable English as well.
>
> Given the usual English ignorance of all things foreign, I don't think
> that it really matters.

:)

Well, I considered writing it "properly but without switching the keymap",
i.e. as uebercool, but then I've decided against. I mean, c'mon, one can be
creative a bit. If a newborn word suits the situation, why not use it?! :)

And I'm quite familiar with the uebermensch word, that's why I could "invent"
uebercool in the first place. I'm wasn't *that* creative ;]

Cheers, Kuba