Alfredo Braunstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > I might be swayed if all three of you test and "perfect" this patch.
>
> I offer myself to test it if somebody explain me what's about

"Any layout with a vertical line can be improved immediately by removing
that line" -- I don't remember where this quote comes from, but as you will
have noticed, most LaTeX tables have lots of vertical lines which can be
improved ;-)

Formal tables have only one horizontal line if they are simple and a few
more short horizontal lines if they contain column groups. The rest of
the layout is done with alignment and spaces.

Or did you want to know how the _patch_ works? :-)

/Andreas