On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 08:52:31PM -0500, John Weiss wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 12:06:02PM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:
> > Dear all,
> :
> :
> > In light of all this, I asking whether I can have your permission to
> > add your names to http://www.lyx.org/blanket-permission.txt:
>
> No.
>
> I have lately grown to detest FSF-Fundamentalism, and now refuse to
> GPL or LGPL anything of mine.  But even beforehand, I preferred to
> release all of my code and documentation under the Artistic License.
> Any contributions I made to LyX (early reLyX, documentation) should
> therefore be considered as originally under the Artistic License.
>
> Make of that what you will.

Hmmm... Okay...

I'm not an FSFanatic, and I respect your choice to go with the Artistic
license.

>From a practical point of view, I don't think it changes much.
The Artistic License is more permissive than the GPL or LGPL, so anything
that can be done with a product under GPL is permitted under the Artistic
license.

My conclusion is that the two licenses can co-exist (a few files under
the Artistic license and the rest under the GPL).

Anyone have another opinion they want to share on this?

                        ---Kayvan
--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan  | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)