Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Kayvan A. Sylvan wrote:

>>> :
>>> :
>>>
>>> No.

You just made it a lot harder for us.

>>> I have lately grown to detest FSF-Fundamentalism, and now refuse to
>>> GPL or LGPL anything of mine.

Which, IMHO, is just another kindo of fundamentalism...

>>> But even beforehand, I preferred to
>>> release all of my code and documentation under the Artistic License.
>>> Any contributions I made to LyX (early reLyX, documentation) should
>>> therefore be considered as originally under the Artistic License.

No, you played by the rules then. You are not allowed to change them now.

>> From a practical point of view, I don't think it changes much.
>> The Artistic License is more permissive than the GPL or LGPL, so anything
>> that can be done with a product under GPL is permitted under the Artistic
>> license.
>>
>> My conclusion is that the two licenses can co-exist (a few files under
>> the Artistic license and the rest under the GPL).

If we are not allowed to relicense John's contributions then we cannot
use his contributions.

And it would be rather rude of us to relicense without permission,
even if the Artistic License allows it.

>> Anyone have another opinion they want to share on this?
>
| I think that you're correct. The purpose of this request for permission to
| change the licence was twofold:
>
| 1. To make it clear legally what licence code contributed to LyX was
| licenced under.
| 2. To make the licence more restrictive than the published "GPL + XForms
| exception".
>
| So I'll add a section to blanket-permissions.txt
>
| The following people hereby grant permission to licence their
| contributions to LyX under the Artistic Licence
| http://www.opensource.org/licenses/artistic-license.php

We really cannot have this...

We cannot have parts of code with GPL and others with artistic-license
in the _same_ file.

I am afraid that, by taking this stance, Johan has alienated himself
from LyX development.

--
        Lgb