Andreas> Am 23.02.2005 um 13:57 schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes:

Andreas> Does this change if you use the preincrement operator
Andreas> instead? I'm not sure how much overhead comes from the
Andreas> initialisation of the temporary ParIterator object.
>>  This is the ++it operator (I may have the notation wrong above).
>> The overhead really somce from DocIterator::forwardPar().

Andreas> Good, I was afraid we are running different versions of LyX
Andreas> ;-) My version doesn't call the post-increment operator at
Andreas> all.

Andreas> Still, how comes I can't feel that delay on the PowerPC
Andreas> architecture? The only change I have is my patch to bug #1790
Andreas> I posted before, but that should only affect updateCounters()
Andreas> if setCursor() or the like are called indirectly.

Are you sure that you compiled after applying the patch? ;)