Bo Peng ha scritto:
>>I asked to a friend of mine to send me an email with lines starting with
>>a dot. Now I am using thunderbird to reply. Tell me what you see.
>>.this line starts with a single dot
>>..this line starts with two and only two dots
>>this line ends with a single dot.
>>

> I see correct things.
>
> OE/thunderbird seem to be innocent here. I have a striped down .lyx
> file on my server, If I run "mail  myusername < file.lyx" , I will get
> a converted .lyx file (double dots) in my mailbox. There is obviously
> something wrong with the sever settings here.  I have sent the sample
> to our IT guys and let them figure out the problem. I will report here
> the result.

Nope. They are not innocent... If I edit with vim the email from OE, I
can see two and three dots where there should be one and two only,
respectively. However, if I look at the email with thunderbird, I see
what should be the correct thing, i.e., one and two dots. But I know
that in the mail they are two and three, respectively.
I am attaching here that mailbox for you to experiment with. I tar'ed
it to prevent thunderbird from playing tricks...

--
Enrico