Angus Leeming a écrit :
Abdel wrote:
your row signature patch is excellent as it reduces screen flickering
significantly (you could the flicking on Windows with qtwin).
FYI, without this patch (I have not update my cvs yet), my Qt4 port has
zero flickering :-)

Right. Because Qt4 double buffers everything.

I think this patch is solving here a problem which is in the Qt3
frontend. During my port, I have erased all the calls to the
"QWidget::repaint" function and I just have one "update" to the screen.
In other word, I let Qt decide when to draw.

Also right (and good). But if we regenerate a pixmap a hundred times and Qt
displays it only once, then there's some redundancy there, no?

Totally, both painting should be minimum. I just wanted to point out that (IMHO) the flickering is not due to the pixmap repaint but more to the screen repaint. But as I said, I am not an expert and I am sure that this patch is necessary.

Abdel.