Beck, Andrew Thomas - BECAT001 wrote:

Don't take it personally, but I actually prefer dynamic linking of
stuff that is clearly an external library. Especially since it's
used by a few things. What's the drama with linking it dynamically? I
suspect it might improve link time/memory somewhat.

Well, linking dynamically with qtwin and MinGW is so extraordinary sloooooooooooow. (takes hours and an infinite amount of memory)

If Abdel is right and qt 4.1 links very fast with MinGW, then qtwin is to blame. Abdel, what do you mean by forward declarations? Do you think we can improve link times by modifying the qtwin sources? I am asking because we had a very good cooperation with Christian Ehrlicher, the maintainer of qtwin, in the past. Maybe he can help us improving the situation.

Michael