Enrico Forestieri wrote:

> Uwe Stöhr writes:
>> Has anybody ever tried to compile LyX with MSVC and perhaps has a
>> project file for this?

> I discovered that Qt cannot be compiled with the free MSVC because it is
> missing a library (delayimp.lib).

> The free MSVC does not include an IDE, so a project file is useless (you
> have to use nmake).

Note that Ruurd Reitsma has had success in the past using a cygwin tool
that takes a g++ command and converts it to an msvc one. Do a google
search on "wrapmsvc". Personally, I never succeeded in getting it to work,
but then I never really tried that hard.

The incentive to use it is that it would enable you to use LyX's existing
automake/conf stuff to generate config.h and build the Makefiles and to
then use MSYS's standard "make" to build LyX using MSVC.

I attach a script that I've used in the past to play with all this.
However, I don't think that I ever got configure to run successfully and I
certainly didn't spend any time investigating why not.

Perhaps you'll find this useful though?

--
Angus