Michael Gerz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Angus Leeming wrote:
>
> >I don't think that the 1.4 stuff has ever worked, because I never ever could
> >build LyX 1.4 with mingw/msys.
> >

> Really? Why did we have all the dynamic vs. static Qt lib discussion if
> you never managed to build 1.4.0?

Maybe I'm confused.

I think that I did build LyX 1.4 once or twice once I'd managed to turn off the
g++ safe iterators but the link time was over one hour with dynamic linking and
about 50 minutes with static linking.

I then went on to use Asger's VS2003 solution file and built the entire thing
from scratch in about 20 minutes. I don't think I went back after that.

Anyway, the dynamic / static conversation was relevant also to LyX 1.3.x...

Angus