Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

"So, what is the situation wrt windows? Who is planning to provide binaries? How?"

Michael Gerz wrote:

"I can have a look at Angus' scripts and see if they still work (with the exception of automake)."

SH: I used both Gerz' instructions and the Angus
instructions to successfully build LyX1.4.0_pre3
with Minsys. Angus originally wrote the howto
included with that release but perhaps somebody
else tested it. The Angus originated instructions
are a bit easier for the user to follow, no editing.

INSTALL.Win32 INSTALL for Win32 From 1.4.0pre3

3.2 Compile the QT library

$ cat my_configure.bat set QTDIR=J:\MinSys\home\Angus\qt3 set MINGW=J:\MinGW ...

"Now go read the README in development/Win32/packaging."

.../development/Win32/packaging/README

"Packaging LyX 1.3.6 for Window
Angus Leeming, 14 July 2005"

Regards, Stephen