Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> My answer at the time was that gettext will deliver the text in the
> locale you ask for, and will convert as needed as long as iconv
> support is compiled in. Does it find iconv when configuring?

My understanding is that Uwe has always used my executable, so you're probably
asking the wrong man :)

Michael's post last night has just kickstarted me into trying to build LyX on
Windows again. I've upgraded my MinGW/MSYS environment and installed gettext and
libiconv. I'm currently building Qt (as a .dll rather than as a static library).

When I get to the configure LyX stage I'll see if I can use the installed
gettext/libiconv rather than the gettext that comes with the LyX sources.

Angus