Georg Baum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Jürgen, Enrico, it would be nice if you could test this one again, so that
> it can go in 1.4.0. For me it does work.

The new patch seems to work. However, if the selection does not include
any delimiter I get some messages on the terminal. For example, selecting
$\alpha$ and hitting C-M is fine, but simply selecting \alpha and then C-M
gives the following message:

unusual contents found: [symbol alpha]

even if the conversion does work. I tried several normal and AMS math
environments and everything seems to be fine (with warnings when a
delimiter is missing).

Then I tried something unusual, i.e., I selected "$a$ foo $b$" (double
quotes excluded) and hit C-M. Everything seemed to be translated in math
mode but exporting to latex revealed that I had got

$$a$ foo $b$$

which is clearly incorrect. The message on the console in this case was:

unusual contents found: [formula simple [grid [row [cell [char a mathalpha]]]]]
[char   mathalpha][char f mathalpha][char o mathalpha][char o mathalpha][char
mathalpha][formula simple [grid [row [cell [char b mathalpha]]]]]

To be honest I don't know if this can be regarded as a bug, as I have
no opinions on what should have happened. Anyway, the generated latex
is incorrect.

--
Enrico