Angus Leeming wrote:
Just thoughts, but I'm sure that they would be things that Kevin Atkinson would
raise. (The plan is to submit this stuff to Kevin, right?)

First of all they should be somewhere when LyX 1.4.0 is released. If you want to submit them for the official site that's fine.

About the Aspell directory detection:

It only makes sense to provide automatic detection of the Aspell location if you also provide an installer of Aspell itself that writes this location to the registry. If you just compile Aspell it doesn't provide any way to detect where it's installed.

About dictionary uninstall:

In order to be able to uninstall a dictionary, you'll need to keep track of all filenames of that dictionary. If your shell script can write some temporary file that contains:

${COMMAND} "${DIRECTORY}dicfile1"
${COMMAND} "${DIRECTORY}dicfile2"

(with dicfile1..dicfileN all files of the dictionary)

I can use that to be able to generate an uninstaller.

Joost