Joost Verburg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> In my opinion, the best thing to do would be to combine the best parts
> of both installers into a new official installer. That's also less
> confusing for an end-user compared to having both official and
> unofficial versions.

That's a great idea! I think that you and Uwe should get together and bash this
out between you.

However, be warned. This subject seems to be one on which people have strong
opinions. I'm not sure that you can please all of the people all of the time, so
be prepared to tough it out.

>From my point of view, I don't want to download a heap of stuff that I've
already got installed. Moreover, there are serious licensing issues with Uwe's
version that means it can't become the official version at the moment. At least,
that's my understanding of Jean-Marc's position. I'm sure he'll correct me if
I'm putting words in his mouth ;-)

Regards,
Angus