Michael Gerz a écrit :
Angus Leeming wrote:

One further question: unless something has changed recently, LyX 1.3.x and LyX
1.4.x won't live together peacefully unless I run
   configure --with-version-suffix
when building LyX 1.4.

Should I do that?
I think we had this discussion before. IIRC, the conclusion was that it is not necessary to use --with-version-suffix.

Installing 1.3.X and 1.4.X in distinct directories and using command line arg "-userdir" when invoking LyX may be enough.

It is enough indeed but not very user friendly :-) Windows user just double-click...

Another solution is to create a shortcut which contains the -userdir argument. That what I suggested to users using winlyx-1.4.0pre. Maybe NSIS is offering that king of functionality?

(On the other hand, it shouldn't hurt...)

Quite the contrary I would say.

Michael