Abdelrazak> I would say that it's a good first step. No need to add
Abdelrazak> more speedup fixes. The major one would have to wait
Abdelrazak> (RandomAccessList and UpdateCounter).

Ha! I forgot about RandomAccessList! Did someone try it out on 1.4? I
did and it seems to work in its latest incarnation.

What would the UpdateCounter patch look like?

Concerning LyX/Mac, we have several reports that make me believe that
the whole document gets rebroken/displayed at times. This is very weird.